Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Hello... *UNDER CONSTRUCTION*
Greeting from Los Angeles.
The land of stars, dreams, money, and happiness...where the temperature seldom drops below 65 degrees...
The perfect place to enjoy the finer things in life...


And the perfect place to panhandle...Ask these guys!

I am approached almost daily by beggars...Although Los Angeles does have you everyday "legit" Vietnam panhandlers, this site is not meant to make fun of them.
We do, however want to call attention to these people:

The toothless-from-bad-coke-hustler-loonies who get their next fix from robbing generous schmucks...aka Joe Public...
This will be a community blog. Feel free to send your photos to me and I will post.
Please feel free to contribute anecdotes, frustrations, etc....

From this day forward, I will snap a photo of each scrub that approaches me...(I will have to learn to run fast...)
Have camera, will travel...

Welcome!

7Asked For Spare Change!:

Asked For Spare Change! Blogger Unknown said...

Good luck with your new blog. I'm sure it will be every bit as successful as your first one.

2:10 AM  
Asked For Spare Change! Blogger DaMasta said...

Hey Jinxy,

Secret LB and I went to Galveston this past weekend, and this homeless dude on a bike comes up to my CAR! and starts BANGING ON THE WINDOW!! LB is buff and I thought he was going to start pounding on this guy!! He got so pissed that he swung the door open real fast to tell the guy to beat it and he knocked the guy over. I had to stop myself from busting out laughing! I had to actually cover my mouth! Lb just walked away and shook his head and muttered something about, "what the fuck was that guy thinking"...

7:48 AM  
Asked For Spare Change! Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

Oh, I need to get you a picture of the bike people. :) And, they're not normal bikes, they're like big huge tricycles with front basket carrier things.

10:57 AM  
Asked For Spare Change! Blogger Bobby said...

Heh, the panhandlers here are rather boring.

There are a few exceptions, but nowhere as interesting as larger cities.

6:08 PM  
Asked For Spare Change! Blogger LBseahag said...

I am back in LA for the weekend!!!!
And next week, I go to San Fran, the ultimate panhandler city...

11:55 PM  
Asked For Spare Change! Blogger cher said...

i've started handing out granola bars. actually turning the car around to go find them again just so they can get one. it makes me feel rediculously good about myself. it's funny that you are starting this blog. 2 days ago, as i handed out 2 granola bars in a matter of 3 minutes, i thought, i want to take a pic of my hand out the window handing it to the homeless guy for my blog...now i will send them to you if i ever remember to get out my camera.

9:45 PM  
Asked For Spare Change! Blogger cher said...

no pics yet?

7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home