Thursday, October 20, 2005

So Crofton and I went downtown a couple days ago for our picture taking extravaganza. I filled my pockets with rockets and the stroller with granolla bars and off we went to hand them out and take some photos. My camera batteries died and I somehow ended up losing a few that I thought would have been really good. I was cheesed. Anyway, I will post the photos over the next couple days. Enjoy! Here's one of a panhandler. He was the first one I actually took a photo of ever (awe...my first), and I was kind of intimitaded, so I took the photo first and then circled back to give him his treats. He was sooo happy with the rockets. He hadn't had them in years and I made his day.
He was reading Archie and that's his knitting by his hat. I'm not sure what it was he was knitting exactly, but I'm betting it was a scarf.

14Asked For Spare Change!:

Asked For Spare Change! Blogger Bat said...

ha I live in panhandler central - wait San Francisco was full of them too.

I should have many contributions to this love my camera phone woohooo

I have many good stories about locking up homeless folk - I should submit the banana condom story lmao

11:04 AM  
Asked For Spare Change! Blogger cher said...

yes you should! any condom story will do really.

11:11 AM  
Asked For Spare Change! Blogger Phats said...

so this guy kind of stole your panhandler virginity?

12:49 PM  
Asked For Spare Change! Blogger Mr. Shife said...

I love this site. Very nice.

4:58 PM  
Asked For Spare Change! Blogger LBseahag said...

please do....

I will be in Chicago and Detroit in two weeks...I am hoping for some doozies then...

This is gonna be big, Cher...I feel a movie deal coming on...

7:10 PM  
Asked For Spare Change! Blogger babyjewels said...

my son's favorite candy. Crap, does this mean he'll grow up to be a panhandler?

8:04 PM  
Asked For Spare Change! Blogger cher said...

babyjewels-well, it could mean that he will go around town and hand them out and feel rediculously good about himself in the smuggest way possible.

mr.shife-why don't you marry it?

Mel-only if Blossom can play me

8:33 PM  
Asked For Spare Change! Blogger cher said...

i love that there is no word verification thingy. i think i'll take it off my blog and see just how bad the spam can get

8:34 PM  
Asked For Spare Change! Blogger cher said...

miss kitty-take a photo PLEASE!!!! please please please!!

5:16 PM  
Asked For Spare Change! Blogger jamwall said...

this has got to be the lamest street entertainment. i know.....i've played "watch the yarn" on the street before. all you really do is watch the yarn. the yarn doesn't do anything...........ya see, its only yarn and yarn just lays there.....motionless.

and this guy expects people to give him change, just for looking at a jumbled mass of yarnage.

you're better off entertaining people by writing their names in urine on a public street!

11:15 AM  
Asked For Spare Change! Blogger cher said...

or maybe someone hired him to knit and he's taking a well deserved break. or maybe he ate his sign that said will work for food because he's starving and hasn't gotten paid because he's extrememly unmotivated!

10:50 PM  
Asked For Spare Change! Blogger jamwall said...

at least he's getting plenty of fiber!

11:18 AM  
Asked For Spare Change! Blogger duff said...

if the yarn is properly trained, watching it perform can be a thrilling pastime, jamwall.

5:23 PM  
Asked For Spare Change! Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. Apply for a unsecured low apr credit card Propecia finasteridum weiser dental insurance Buick rendevous security proactiv retina same time House theme tv du quoin dental insurance New nick price golf course punta cana majestic individual dental insurance mississippi Perfume aftershaves jovan 99 perfumes Homeowner insurance pa gov Quick auto insurance quote online

3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home